AuBurn Pharmacy Has Moved!!! --
They are now located at the former Med Station Pharmacy next to McDonald's -- at 54 SE 1st Lane in Lamar.
---- AND -----
On Monday, June 1st, AuBurn reopened our doors for limited capacity walk-in service.
To ensure the health and safety of our patients and employees, we ask the following:
- Read signs posted on the doors before entering. If you are sick or have symptoms, do not enter, and instead use our curbside, delivery, or drive-thru services.
- Adhere to the maximum # of people in the store at a time that is posted. If you have family with you, we ask that they wait outside in consideration of others waiting to get inside the store.
- Wearing a mask while inside is highly encouraged but not required.
- Practice social distancing inside and use marked areas.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at our drop off and pick up counters.
- Please be patient with wait times as our staff is working as quickly as possible with additional precautions.
Please be assured we will be taking every precaution to provide a clean and safe environment for our customers. We will continue to offer curbside service and our everyday delivery and drive-thru services where available.
We thank you for your patience and your courtesy toward your fellow shoppers and our staff.
May 19, 2020
University of Missouri Extension, agronomy field specialist
Scout Fescue Pasture for True Armyworm
Scout for true armyworm in fescue pastures. Migrating moth flights start in April and scouting should begin in May for Southwest Missouri. According to Kevin Rice, University of Missouri State Entomologist, there are overwintering moths in Missouri, but the moths that migrate from the south produce the larvae that causes the most damage in fescue.
According to Jill Scheidt, University of Missouri Extension agronomy field specialist, ¾ to one-inch larvae have been found at near threshold levels in Southwest Missouri fescue fields. Rice recommends utilizing control methods when larvae reach threshold level in forages of three or more ½” non-parasitized larvae per square foot. If conditions are conducive for hay harvest, look to harvest hay early. If a pesticide is needed, use a pyrethroid.
Wait to treat with an insecticide until larvae are half grown or at least ½” long. There are several natural viruses, bacteria and fungal pathogens and natural predators that can control armyworms during the early instars. Larvae that are 1 ½” long are too big to treat, as they are close to pupation, or the end of their life cycle.
Scout often, armyworms are one of the fastest growing animals on the planet, which means they eat a lot and fast. Armyworms have the potential to destroy a whole field in one day in the event of an outbreak. Populations are likely to increase with cool, wet weather. The best time to scout is dusk or dawn, when it is cool; activity is slowed with warmer temperatures. Start on field edges and target fields with lush growth. Beat fescue against itself to knock larvae to the ground; look on the ground and under debris for larvae. Ensure proper identification by locating four sets pro-legs in the middle of the body and looking for a dark longitudinal band on each pro-leg. Do not count parasitized larvae in population estimates. Parasitized armyworms may be white, or dark colored and dried out in appearance; or use a hand lens to inspect any slow-moving larvae for parasitoids. If there is a lot of bird activity in the field, armyworms are likely present, as armyworms are a food source.
Did you know that Dog Obedience Training School offers grooming in Lamar?
Our groomer Cabree Miller is excellent & very friendly. While also being very kind & patient with the animals.
Call 417-682-5682 for an appointment on Monday, Thursday, or Friday.
- 4/27/20 -- Press Release: Governor Parson Announces First Phase of “Show Me Strong Recovery” Plan to Begin May 4
- CDC ~ Reopening Guidance
- Missouri Chamber
- City Of Lamar
- Lamar City Parks -- Facebook
- Lamar Youth Athletics ~ Facebook
- Lamar Aquatic Park -- Facebook
- Our plan is to open the outdoor pools on Friday, May 22, the Friday before Memorial Day. There will be two public swim sessions each day. Only 100 total people, including 60 swimmers and staff members will be allowed in the facility during each session
Rudy Titsworth 89, of Golden City, MO passed, May 29, 2020. A full obituary is available at konantzwarden.com.
There will be a visitation from 5 PM to 7 PM followed by funeral service at Konantz Warden Funeral Home at 7 PM Thursday, June 4, 2020. Interment and a graveside service will be held at Pleasant View Methodist Church Cemetery in Beloit, KS on Friday, June 5, 2020 at 3 PM.
The Plaza Theater
On The Lamar Downtown Square
Trolls World Tour
June 5 -7
Friday to Sunday 2:30 & 6:00pm
Social Distancing with every other row closed! Restrooms will be cleaned regularly during the movie!
Seats & armrests sanitized after every showing! Two rows in the concession lobby with six feet distancing!
Welcome Back to the Plaza!
THE BARCO DRIVE-IN -- OPEN ALL WEEK
Just East of Lamar on 160 HWY
May 29-June 4:
Trolls World Tour at 8:55
Second feature Friday, Saturday and Sunday only is E.T.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9:00
SUPERMAN 1978 (PG) & BATMAN 1989 (PG13)!
Monday only June 8th at 9:00
Ghostbusters 1984 (PG) & Jumanji: The Next Level (PG13)
Tuesday, Wednesday June 9 & 10
Superman 1978 @ 9:00
Thursday June 11 @ 9:00
Batman 1989 (PG13)
Three in the snack bar at a time!
Plaza Summer Vacation Movies
Lamar Elks Lodge #2800 is sponsoring our whole season this year! ~ Admission is Free! ~ Social Distancing will apply only 90 per showing!
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday at 1:15!
Sensory Sensitive Showing Wednesday mornings at 10:00!
|June 2-3-4||June 16-17-18||July 7-8-9||July 28-29-30|
|The Land Before Time (G)||An American Tail 2 Fievel Goes West (G)||Abominable (PG)||House With A Clock on Its Walls (PG)|
|June 9-10-11||June 23-24-25||July 14-15-16||August 4-5-6|
|An American Tail (G)||A Tale of Desperaux (G)||Dolittle (PG)||Playing With Fire (PG)|
|June 30 July 1 & 2||July 21-22-23||August 11-12-13|
|The Lorax (PG)||Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (G)||Sonic The Hedgehog (PG)|
- FEMA - Coronavirus
- Identifying Critical / Essential Infrastructure During Covid-19
- World Health Organization / Covid-19
- Johns Hopkins University/Corona Virus Map
- Federal Census / Fill Our Your 2020 Census Here
- U.S. Department of Treasury. ~ Issued additional guidance regarding the Paycheck Protection Program & The Family Cares Act.
- 4/28/20 -- Show Me Strong Recovery Plan ~ For Business, Communities & Citizens
- Governor Parsons --Latest Press Releases
- Missouri Department of Health
- Missouri Department Mental Health/Covid-19
- The Missouri Department of Mental Health has also responded by making a toll-free “Disaster Distress Helpline” available 24/7 to provide free counseling services to those impacted by or experiencing trauma from COVID-19 or other disasters. Dial 800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 to connect to confidential counseling or other support services.
- Missouri Department of Agriculture / Covid-19
- Missouri State Parks/ Covid-19 Response
- 4/14/20 - Department of Public Safety has suspended the rule temporarily that prohibited restaurants and bars from selling alcoholic drinks for take-out (PDF)
- SBCD/Missouri Covid-19 Resources
- 4/21/20 -- SBA Disaster Programs, this document is being updated as information changes.
- 4/21/20 -- The Missouri SBDC network has two available trainings this week where you can get answers to questions or find resources.
- SBCD Joplin Location - Serving Barton County
- Local SBA Lenders
- Lamar Bank & Trust Co. ~
- For SBA local lending contact: Pat O’Neal -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- 417.682.3348
- Arvest Bank --
- For SBA local lending contact: Doug Phipps -- email@example.com -- 417.682.6066
- US Bank --
- For SBA local lending contact: Vicki Davis -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- 417.682.5502
- Citizens Bank
- Mindenmines -- (417) 842-3313
- Liberal Location -- 417-843-6445
- Community National Bank -- (417) 682-3574
- Lamar Bank & Trust Co. ~
- Department Of Labor / Filing For Unemployment
- 4/20/2020 -- Missouri Begins Processing Claims for the Self-Employed and Others Ineligible for Regular Unemployment; Plans to Roll Out Program Next Week for Those That Have Exhausted Their Unemployment Benefits...
- 4/15/2020 -- Missouri Encourages Self-Employed, Gig Workers to Apply for Unemployment; Expects to Begin Processing Claims as Early as the Week of April 19, 2020
- Corona Virus
- Worforce Investment Board / Missouri Career Center
- Covid-19 Food Stamp Application
- Shared Work
- 4/9/20 -- Press Release -- Missouri Announces Weekly Initial Unemployment/Coronavirus-Related Claims; $600 Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation Payments to Be Disbursed Next Week
- Employer Hotline to Job Center Services 1-800-604-4175
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- 4/17/20 -- Save Small Business Fund is a grant making initiative offering short-term relief for small employer.
- 4/2/20 -- Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist (Paycheck Protection Program) (PDF Updated)
- 4/2/20 -- Guide to the Employee Retention Tax Credit
- 4/2/20 -- Guide to SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans
- Resources for Combating the Coronavirus
- Missouri Chamber / Corona Virus
- 4/20/20 -- The Uniting For Recovery plan is our COVID-19 economic response agenda to position the state for a strong recovery once the coronavirus threat passes. ~ View The Plan
- University Of Missouri
- 4/28/20 -- Home Gardening Webinar Series Starts 5/5 through 6/23 ~ Find out more/register
- 4/14/20 ~ The Missouri Food Finder is a new online tool that easily connects Missouri consumers with the people who are growing and selling locally produced food in their region.
- MU Extension / Covid-19 Resources
- University of Missouri Extension state and field Ag specialists are offering Virtual Town Hall Meetings weekly to answer producer questions and provide timely information during the growing season. Join by phone or online!
- Register & submit questions: www.ipm.missouri.edu/townhalls
- Days and times-
- Livestock & Forage: Thursdays 12:00-1:00pm
- Field Crops: Fridays 7:00-8:00am
Resources for Specific Industries:
- Coronavirus Information and Resources for Restaurants from the National Restaurant Association
- Coronavirus Resources for Retailers from the National Retail Federation
- Coronavirus Resources for Manufacturers from the National Association of Manufacturers
Additional Resources For Coping With Covid-19
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention ~ Protecting your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America ~ Coronavirus Anxiety - Helpful Expert tips and resources
- Nat. Assoc. of School Psychologist ~ Health Crisis Resources
- American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress ~ Helping children cope emotionally with the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- SAMHSA ~ Coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks
- Virus Anxiety (Shine) ~ Care for your coronavirus anxiety